Mudpies and Fishfrys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little bit of everything

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Theories and Speculations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Quote : "Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around." GK Chesterton

Theories and Speculations Empty
PostSubject: Theories and Speculations   Theories and Speculations EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 5:13 pm

Anyone have any theories on what has happened, is happening, or what will happen on the show?

The one thing that is the most interesting to me is the whole idea of "The Numbers" (being a math teacher and all...). I'm curious what will be behind it all in the end. I can see that on the Island it may have been coordinates that needed to be entered in the Swan Station (was it the Swan? can't remember) to have the Island stay in place and time (or only time). How the numbers "infiltrated" into the outside world (how it shows up nearly everywhere: lotto numbers, dates, license plate numbers, times, etc.) is where it gets interesting. It can't just be coincedence.
Back to top Go down
https://mudpies.forumotion.com
Steve M

PostSubject: LOST Questions and Predications   Theories and Speculations EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 1:38 pm

I am not sure about the numbers myself. Is it someones birthday?

I believe that kate is pregnant right now with Jack's baby and that is going to make things interesting with that love square they have going on between Sawyer, kate, jack and Juliet.

I wonder what caused women not to be able to have babies on the island. Horace's wife just had a healthy baby. So I am sure we will find out sometime soon. I think it has something to do with Ben using chemicals to wipe out the Darma.

Whats going to happen when Ben meets little Ben eventually?

Now that everyone is back in time on the island, will the history of the island change?

Is Penny dead? Did Ben kill her? If so, I bet we see Widmore helping Desmond get back to the island to strike revenge on Ben.

Who did Kate give Aaron to before leaving? Did she give him to Claire or Claire's mom?

Who is jacob? Why does Jacks dad play such a major role? Is he really Jacob? Maybe jack's dad was on the island before a long time ago.

I bet Miles was born on the island.

Did anyone notice that on the plane when they returned to the island that different people were taking teh place of others from the original plane crash? kate I bet was Claire. Sayid was Kate being arrested. Locke was Jack's dad. Hurley had a guitar like Charlie did.

This weeks episode should be very very good!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Quote : "Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around." GK Chesterton

PostSubject: Re: Theories and Speculations   Theories and Speculations EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:19 pm

This weeks episode was solid. I liked the ending with Sayid meeting "lil' Ben". So Ben and Sun are in the future while everyone else went to the past... interesting... This show is starting to hurt my brain trying to keep it together. But it's awesome!
Back to top Go down
Marc

Marc

PostSubject: Re: Theories and Speculations   Theories and Speculations EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 7:15 pm

I like Miles much better as a character after last evening's episode. Great interchange between he and Hurley.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Theories and Speculations   Theories and Speculations EmptyThu May 14, 2009 7:06 pm

Wow, what a season finale last night!!! headbang

spoiler

We finally got to see Jacob which was beyond awesome. Add him to my favorite characters list. I'm not quite sure what role he played in showing up in every characters life. At first I thought he was forming their characters (giving Sawyer the pen to write the note, telling Kate not to steal anymore but bailing her out by buying the stolen item for her, telling Jin and Sun not to take each other for granted, etc.) then I was thinking that he tried to play a positive role in their lives so that when they got to the island they would finally do things right and stop the pattern. Was that Locke at the very beginning on the beach with Jacob? More and more questions. But it rules nonetheless...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Theories and Speculations   Theories and Speculations EmptyThu May 21, 2009 11:05 am

Do not read until you've seen this seasons finale:

spoiler

Didn't the conversation between Jacob and Esau (that's what he's being called on fan sites of the show... the guy on the beach with Jacob at the very beginning of the finale) remind you of a twist on the Book of Job? It's almost like Jacob (playing the "God" role) is telling him (Esau - playing the "Devil" role) that "eventually humanity will get it right, I have faith in them". Esau is telling Jacob that mankind keeps on screwing things up and continues to be destructive no matter who comes to the island and no matter how many times it happens. Here is the conversation between them: This conversation reminds me of the beginning of the book The Book of Joby where God, Michael the Archangel and the Devil meet in the coffee shop. The gray haired man is Esau and the blonde man is Jacob: I bolded what I thought to be important lines connected to what I'm talking about in this post:

GRAY-HAIRED MAN: Morning.

BLOND MAN: Mornin'.

GRAY-HAIRED MAN: Mind if I join you?

BLOND MAN: [Shaking his head] Please. Want some fish?

GRAY-HAIRED MAN: Thank you. I just ate.

[The gray-haired man sits down not far away.]

BLOND MAN: I take it you're here 'cause of the ship.

GRAY-HAIRED MAN: I am. How did they find the Island?

BLOND MAN: You'll have to ask 'em when they get here.

GRAY-HAIRED MAN: I don't have to ask. You brought them here. Still trying to prove me wrong, aren't you?

BLOND MAN: You are wrong.

GRAY-HAIRED MAN: Am I? They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.

BLOND MAN: It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.

[The gray-haired man stares at his compatriot.]

GRAY-HAIRED MAN: Do you have any idea how badly I wanna kill you?

BLOND MAN: Yes.

GRAY-HAIRED MAN: One of these days, sooner or later... I'm going to find a loophole, my friend.

BLOND MAN: Well, when you do, I'll be right here.

GRAY-HAIRED MAN: Always nice talking to you, Jacob.

JACOB: Nice talking to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Marc

Marc

PostSubject: Re: Theories and Speculations   Theories and Speculations EmptyWed May 19, 2010 2:14 am

The end of a very good series is near. I best not be disappointed Sunday night!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theories and Speculations   Theories and Speculations Empty

Back to top Go down

Theories and Speculations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mudpies and Fishfrys :: Movies and Television :: LOST-
Jump to: