Mudpies and Fishfrys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little bit of everything

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Terminator Salvation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Willzig3

Willzig3

Quote : Dream until your dreams come true.

Terminator Salvation Empty
PostSubject: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 6:34 pm

I had high hopes for this movie and from the trailer it seemed like it would pack the punch. To a degree it did, but overall i think it didnt. The biggest problem was that it didnt live up to the Terminator name. The Terminator is best for its harsh rated R action. I don't mean it needed the inappropriate sex or nudity but the harsh manly action such as the original Die Hards and the first two Terminators. The new age of film is all about making the 60-90 million opening weekend. And that cannot be accomplished with an R rating. Thus they are softened up to fit the PG-13 Rating. At this point you cannot have someone smoking a cigarette in a PG-13 movie. It is absolutely ridiculous, and it is killing these types of films. Terminator Salvation also had alot more CG than i thought it would wich was a negative. The only way Christian said he would do the film is if they would cut down the CG, and they did, and it still had too much. I can't imagine how bad it would have been with alot more CG. It didn't really have the feal of an authentic Terminator movie because it tried to do too much. There were constantly new machines attacking them which is nothing like the originals. It was always one or two machines and it focused more on the Conners evading them. In those films there was alot more tension and fear, but with this new film it was on such a large scale with so many things happening, and that original fealing was completely lost. One thing I did like alot was Sam Worthington who played the character of Marcus who was really carried this movie. Not Christian Bale. He did fine but had nothing spectacular to do. Sam had a powerhouse performance and made the film alot more enjoyable. I look forward to seeing him in more movies in the future. All in all it was an entertaining film but not in the sense of what the original Terminators (The first two) brought to the table.

Grade: B-
Back to top Go down

Terminator Salvation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mudpies and Fishfrys :: Movies and Television :: Movie Reviews-
Jump to: