Mudpies and Fishfrys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little bit of everything

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Are You Reading Now?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc

What Are You Reading Now? Empty
PostSubject: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 8:48 pm

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. Gothic novel that takes place in 1945 Barcelona with its fair share of spookiness ... but not a book I'd recommend.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Quote : "Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around." GK Chesterton

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 10:10 pm

The Book of Joby by Mark Ferrari. So far it's really good. It'll probably get a four star rating on my blog. It's taking forever to finish... close to 700 pages. The author has some real talent with words... too many books to read and not enough free time!
Back to top Go down
https://mudpies.forumotion.com
Luke Z

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 8:03 pm

Religious Vocation: An Unnecessary Mystery by Fr. Richard Butler O.P. It's a book on vocations (duh) that my mom got me for Christmas two years ago and that I'm finally getting around to reading. Very insightful, and it nails on the head all of the supposed "problems" that one has with religious vocations. It also explains very clearly St. Thomas' teaching on the subject, which is quite helpful. I'd recommend it to all, even those who don't think they have a religious vocation.
Back to top Go down
Eric

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 4:31 pm

Selected Poems - W.H. Auden; The Sovereignty of Good - Iris Murdoch
Back to top Go down
Marc

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 12:03 pm

Lamentation (The Psalms of Isaak) by Ken Scholes
Back to top Go down
Eric

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 4:09 pm

Just finished I am Charlotte Simmons, by Tom Wolfe and started A Man in Full, but Tom Wolfe.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Quote : "Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around." GK Chesterton

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:54 pm

Finsished Book of Joby (Finally!) and just started Hater by David Moody.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:15 pm

Finished Hater now starting Silence by Shusaku Endo which will be made into a movie starring Daniel Day Lewis and directed by Martin Scorsese.
Back to top Go down
Marc

Marc

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 11:34 pm

Citadel of God: A Novel about Saint Benedict by Louis de Wohl
Back to top Go down
lynn

PostSubject: What are you reading now   What Are You Reading Now? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 9:55 am

Masters of Deceit by J. Edgar Hoover. About the history and the foundations of Communism. Great book, but way too many similarities to things happening right now!
Back to top Go down
Eric

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 6:44 pm

American Sphinx: The Character of Thomas Jefferson, by Joseph Ellis
Back to top Go down
Marc

Marc

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 10:17 pm

Mark Levin's Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto
Back to top Go down
Eric

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 9:59 pm

Man and Woman, by Von Hildebrand
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? EmptyMon May 04, 2009 8:08 pm

starting Nine Lessons by Kevin Alan Milne on Wednesday this week...
Back to top Go down
Marc

Marc

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 5:50 pm

A gargantuan sized book called Drood by Dan Simmons.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? EmptyThu May 14, 2009 7:10 pm

After I read Nine Lessons I will read Flannery O'Connor's "Everything That Rises Must Converge" after seeing Jacob reading it in last night's LOST episode. Usually the books, etc. that the show features has something to do with the show itself.
Back to top Go down
Marc

Marc

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:15 am

Still working my way through Drood by Dan Simmons

It is 1865 and Charles Dickens is riding a train that crashes, killing nearly all aboard. As Dickens tries to help survivors, he notices a tall, thin, pale man with a 'skull like visage', wearing a heavy black cape, also among the survivors. But those the caped man is attending to seem to die despite or as a result of his attentions. This mysterious figure, who introduces himself as Drood, comes to haunt Dickens. Dickens insists that Collins accompany him into the underbelly of London, into the sewers where it is rumoured that Drood may live. It is also rumoured that Drood is responsible for many murders. But Collins begins to believe that Drood does not exist, that Dickens may himself may be Drood.
Back to top Go down
Marc

Marc

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 11:13 pm

As I'm slowing plowing through Drood I'm also reading Joe Abercrobie's Best Served Cold.
Back to top Go down
Marc

Marc

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:08 am

The Ghost King by R.A. Salvatore
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 4:07 pm

Just finished the new Dog Whisperer puppy book and now I'm reading New Moon..
Back to top Go down
Marc

Marc

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:31 pm

The Missing Chums (Hardy Books #4)

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:55 pm

The Christmas Jars Reunion by Jason Wright

just finished The Christmas List by Richard Paul Evans - another very solid book from him... I can't wait for The Walk...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading Now?   What Are You Reading Now? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Are You Reading Now?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mudpies and Fishfrys :: Literature :: General Discussion-
Jump to: