Mudpies and Fishfrys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little bit of everything

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Tainting of Philosophy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Quote : "Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around." GK Chesterton

The Tainting of Philosophy Empty
PostSubject: The Tainting of Philosophy   The Tainting of Philosophy EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 11:10 am

Not sure if "tainting" is the right word BUT...

I'm sick and tired of how people "see" philosophy. They see it as something that's completely esoteric in nature. They make it seem, when they ramble philosophically (or should I say "idiotically"), that what they are saying is something that is extremely complex with the attitude that "You better thank your lucky stars they were there to receive the light of wisdom from the gods and have the gift to break it down for you". Their lives have ceased to be a gift from God but now are a gift to any pair of ears that will listen to them. I'm sure they will tell you that they have a golden thigh also if you ask them. Why, when philosophizing, do their eyes have to squint and a hand have the be permanently affixed to their chin (naturally stroking ever so gently - and if you can grow some chin-hair to go along with the stroke?! Gangbusters!). Because of how these morons act, the word "Philosophy" itself carries with it so many things now - an inordinate burden if you ask me. It should be removing burden instead of carrying it. So many people go around professing that Nietzsche is the alpha and omega of philosophy - the answer to their lives. What do you think their answers would be if you asked them these questions: "What have you read by him?", "What does he believe?" and "How do you spell his name?". Answers (which they will most likely avoid giving): "Nothing", "I don't know", and "Nitche" in order. Nietzsche (somehow) has become the "cool guy" in the world of philosophy. That makes for two complete ignoramouses: Nietzsche and the person saying that Nietzsche is the bee's knees. At least learn how to spell his name.

Watch this kid in this video I found on youtube. The world is in trouble if he represents the next wave of philosophers: Actually don't watch the whole thing (it will inflict some serious damage to your sane mind and it contains a couple swear words), just fast forward to the parts I've outlined below:

A couple of things I want you to pay attention to:

#1) Right off the bat he starts stroking his chin (with the little tuft of hair on it) as I mentioned earlier.

#2) 8 seconds in: He wants to give his "White Wisdom" (I capitalized it since it's obvious it's a thing of greatness - I mean, come on.... it's White Wisdom!). What is White Wisdom?! Are you serious?! He wants give his "sparkness" to people on the web. Is "sparkness" even a word?!

#3) 43 seconds in: "I want to talk a little bit about philosophy". Notice how he says the word "philosophy". This is the EXACT thing I'm talking about. - Hold on a minute while I let off some steam... How do you repair a hold in drywall? SO annoying. Why does he have to say the word like that?! For the reasons I outlined above (and in my first Mudpies and Fishfrys installment).

#4) 52-55 seconds in: Did I just witness almost 3 full seonds of chin rubbing?! Good gravy... Are you starting to catch my drift?

#5) 2:53 - 3:07: "My purpose isn't to live but my purpose itn't to die either" and then silence... Is this supposed to be some sort of golden nugget for us to chew on? Stop the insanity now. And the "look away" move he does at 3:00-3:02. Classic move for this kind of person...

#6) 3:02-3:35: Height of idiocy. "A lot of people don't thnk that far"... ahhh... but you do, Grand Giver of the White Wisdom!!!

#7) 4:13-4:25: Speaking about some guy who he teahces philosophy to and debates, "I own him" (while giving a wink - I could have done without that - thank you).

#Cool Skip past this part until the next point: He talks a little crude.

#9) 5:55 - 6:20: He says that though it's difficult to understand philosophy, he does.

Back to top Go down
https://mudpies.forumotion.com

The Tainting of Philosophy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mudpies and Fishfrys :: Theology and Philosophy :: General Discussion-
Jump to: