Mudpies and Fishfrys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little bit of everything

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2009 Season Predictions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc

2009 Season Predictions Empty
PostSubject: 2009 Season Predictions   2009 Season Predictions EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 12:17 am

AL East:New York Yankees (tough call ... Yanks will squeeze out the AL East Title)
AL Central: Chicago White Sox (Ozzie will return them to the AL Central title)
AL West: Anaheim Angels (not as dominant as last year but good enough to gold off the A's)
AL Wildcard:Boston Red Sox (tough call ... deeper rotation should edge the Rays)

NL East: New York Mets (they have a decent closer now)
NL Central: Chicago Cubs (is this the year ... nope)
NL West: Los Angeles Dodgers (Torre and Manny and a weak NL West)
NL Wildcard: Cincinnati Reds (surprise pick ... young pitching with rising stars in Bruce and Votto)

AL Champion: Boston Red Sox
NL Champion: New York Mets
World Series Champion: Boston Red Sox (payback for 1986) cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Quote : "Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around." GK Chesterton

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Season Predictions   2009 Season Predictions EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:42 pm

AL East:Boston Red Sox
AL Central: Minnesota Twins
AL West: Anaheim Angels
AL Wildcard:New York Yankees

NL East: New York Mets
NL Central: Chicago Cubs
NL West: SF Giants (Sandoval, Isikawa, Lincecum, Winn... it'll happen)
NL Wildcard: Philadelphia Phillies

AL Champion: Boston Red Sox
NL Champion: New York Mets
World Series Champion: Boston Red Sox
Back to top Go down
https://mudpies.forumotion.com
Mike

Mike

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Season Predictions   2009 Season Predictions EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Opening day is here! I have to wait until tomorrow though.

Jeff Suppan vs Tim Lincecum. Good grief...

Ill take the Rays, Angels, Twins and Red Sox in the AL
Phillies, Cubs, Dodgers and Mets in the NL

Rays vs Mets and Ill take the Rays to finish what they started last season.

I'm not very confident though, some of these divisions are really up in the air. The AL East alone is going to be a thing of beauty this year.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Quote : "Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around." GK Chesterton

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Season Predictions   2009 Season Predictions EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 4:14 pm

Mike: you get to watch Lincecum! I wish I could watch that game or any game he pitches. I've yet to see him in a full game, just highlights.
Back to top Go down
Mike

Mike

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Season Predictions   2009 Season Predictions EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 7:37 pm

Yea I expect a clinic tomorrow. Suppan will probably give up a bunch early, hopefully the brewers can get to the SF bullpen.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Season Predictions   2009 Season Predictions EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:21 pm

It didn't look like a clinic after looking at the box score! Lincecum had a very poor outing. Only 3 IP? Didn't look like the Cy Young winner of last year. The year is still young though. At least the Giants have some offense this year with Sandoval and Ishikawa...
Back to top Go down
Mike

Mike

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Season Predictions   2009 Season Predictions EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 10:31 pm

No Lincecum defintely had a bad day, struggled with the strike zone, racked up a high pitch count.

But even a bad Lincecum is better than Jeff Suppan.
Back to top Go down
Marc

Marc

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Season Predictions   2009 Season Predictions EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 8:46 pm

Lincecum has another bad day but the Giant left fielder is terrible ... at least two misjudged and misplayed plays that hurt Lincecum. I like what ESPN said about Lincecum and Cliff Lee: CY YOUNG now CY YUCK!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Season Predictions   2009 Season Predictions EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 8:20 am

I'm not liking what I'm seeing either... but it's still early. We'll see what happens. He has too much raw talent for this to continue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Season Predictions   2009 Season Predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

2009 Season Predictions
Page 1 of 1