Mudpies and Fishfrys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little bit of everything

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Island Question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Quote : "Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around." GK Chesterton

The Island Question Empty
PostSubject: The Island Question   The Island Question EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:59 pm

You know... If you were stranded on a deserted island what one book would you have with you?" What would it be?

Rule: We all would probably say The Bible so let's just make it so that you can only choose a fiction book. Note: If at this point you still choose The Bible we will all know you are a heretic and on your way to a place workse than a deserted island!

Also, you cannot choose what G. K. Chesterton once answered to this very question:

"G.K. Chesterton and several other literary figures were once asked what book they would prefer to have with them
if they were stranded on a desert island. “The complete works of Shakespeare,” said one writer without hesitation. “I choose the Bible,” said another. “How about you?” they asked Chesterton.“I would choose Thomas’ Guide to Practical Shipbuilding,” replied Chesterton." I love G.K...

My choice: LOTR by JRR Tolkien
Back to top Go down
https://mudpies.forumotion.com
Marc

PostSubject: Re: The Island Question   The Island Question EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 7:34 pm

The Liturgucal Year by Dom Propser Gueranger, OSB
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Quote : "Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around." GK Chesterton

PostSubject: Re: The Island Question   The Island Question EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 4:13 pm

"so let's just make it so that you can only choose a fiction book"...

you have broken the rules...

gotta be fiction!
Back to top Go down
https://mudpies.forumotion.com
Marc

PostSubject: Re: The Island Question   The Island Question EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 9:54 pm

Some rules are meant to be broken.

A fiction selection: The Canterbury Tales
Back to top Go down
Eric

PostSubject: Re: The Island Question   The Island Question EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 10:23 am

The Iliad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Island Question   The Island Question Empty

Back to top Go down

The Island Question
Page 1 of 1