Mudpies and Fishfrys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little bit of everything

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favre in Purple

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc

Marc

Favre in Purple Empty
PostSubject: Favre in Purple   Favre in Purple EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 11:37 pm

What would be your reaction if Favre decides to play yet another season with the Vikings? Gotta pad that all-time INT stat.

Good for the game?
Indifference?
Back to top Go down
Mike

Mike

Favre in Purple Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre in Purple   Favre in Purple EmptyFri May 01, 2009 1:22 pm

Most of us here are hoping that he did this so he can sign a 1 day contract and retire as a Packer. But I think that the chances of that are very small. Just the language him and his agent are using makes it feel like last year all over again.

Everyone knows he wanted/wants to play for Minnesota to get back and Ted Thompson. If Favre goes through with it I'll be throwing away anything I own with a #4 on it. Between the talking with the Lions last season and this if it happens, its a little pathetic. He's said that he'll always be a Packer, and that is complete garbage by the way he is acting. Signing with the Vikings would be a spit in the face to Packer fans, and I don't think he cares, I think most of us in WI are seeing now that he is a pretty selfish guy. This would be like Jeter signing with the Red Sox, you just wouldn't think it. Jeter seems like too good of a class act to ever do that though.

I'll have a much longer rant on my next show.
Back to top Go down
Marc

Marc

Favre in Purple Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre in Purple   Favre in Purple EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:47 pm

By the way, doesn't Favre have a torn bicep... and I don't think he's had surgery yet, has he? Why would the Vikes want a relic of a QB with a bum arm? Stay retired.
Back to top Go down
Mike

Mike

Favre in Purple Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre in Purple   Favre in Purple EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:51 pm

That was what we were told at the end of last year, and there is no word yet about surgery. Although it was reported that he has hired a personal trainer. If he does play for the Vikings Ill be going to the game in Lambeau in Nov for sure, that be a interesting atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Quote : "Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around." GK Chesterton

Favre in Purple Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre in Purple   Favre in Purple EmptyMon May 04, 2009 8:15 pm

From all accounts I'm reading it's a go for Favre to go to Minnesota! Unreal... I think he's tearing himself down bigtime.
Back to top Go down
https://mudpies.forumotion.com
Mike

Mike

Favre in Purple Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre in Purple   Favre in Purple EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Marc

Marc

Favre in Purple Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre in Purple   Favre in Purple EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:29 pm

Looks now like it won't happen. But that's Brett's MO . . . he'll wait till the middle of training camp to disrupt everything.
Back to top Go down
Mike

Mike

Favre in Purple Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre in Purple   Favre in Purple EmptyMon May 18, 2009 6:49 pm

I learned a long time ago not to believe anything Favre or his agent Bus Cook says.

This is ridiculous:
http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/article/20090517/SPORTS/905170334/1006/SPORTS/Favre+s+agent+++No+substance+to+speculation+

And now the latest:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4175616

I hope Green Bay destroys them twice and then a 3rd time in the playoffs. But that would be the ideal outcome, probably not likely.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Quote : "Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around." GK Chesterton

Favre in Purple Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre in Purple   Favre in Purple EmptyMon May 18, 2009 7:48 pm

He needs to stop.
Back to top Go down
Marc

Marc

Favre in Purple Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre in Purple   Favre in Purple EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 5:58 pm

It's official...Brett is a Viking. I'm hearing pundits yelping that the Vikes are now Super Bowl contenders.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Favre in Purple Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre in Purple   Favre in Purple EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 6:34 pm

Stop the insanity. I can't believe I have to listen to Favre talk all year long.
Back to top Go down
Marc

Marc

Favre in Purple Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre in Purple   Favre in Purple EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:58 am

Vikings are 7-1 and have swept the Packers. Big loss for Green Bay today at Lambeau.
Back to top Go down
Marc

Marc

Favre in Purple Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre in Purple   Favre in Purple EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:18 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favre in Purple Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre in Purple   Favre in Purple Empty

Back to top Go down

Favre in Purple
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mudpies and Fishfrys :: Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: