Mudpies and Fishfrys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little bit of everything

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This Week: Rock

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Quote : "Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around." GK Chesterton

This Week: Rock Empty
PostSubject: This Week: Rock   This Week: Rock EmptySun May 03, 2009 8:36 pm

As I wrote before, this week Slash (guitarist of Velvet Revolver and Guns and Roses) will be the mentor.

Also, on elimination night Daughtry will perform their new single "No Surprise". No Doubt will also perform.

Daughtry's new album will be released on July 14th.
Back to top Go down
https://mudpies.forumotion.com
Marc

Marc

PostSubject: Re: This Week: Rock   This Week: Rock EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:32 pm

Daughtry ... the best act in my opinion to come out of American Idol even surpassing Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson.

I can see Adam singing "Welcome to the Jungle" by G&R.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Quote : "Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around." GK Chesterton

PostSubject: Re: This Week: Rock   This Week: Rock EmptyMon May 04, 2009 8:17 pm

Marc wrote:
Daughtry ... the best act in my opinion to come out of American Idol even surpassing Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson.

I can see Adam singing "Welcome to the Jungle" by G&R.

Agreed on the Daughtry comment. I hope their new CD is good... at least something to look forward to in July.

Good potential call on Welcome to the Jungle. I can see it happening...
Back to top Go down
Marc

Marc

PostSubject: Re: This Week: Rock   This Week: Rock EmptyWed May 06, 2009 5:43 pm

So, what's the verdict on Adam's Led Zeppelin "Whole Lotta Love"? Never liked the song to begin with but I know his performance was the best of the night.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This Week: Rock   This Week: Rock EmptyWed May 06, 2009 6:31 pm

He should have never done it period. You don't touch Zeppelin songs. He hit some good notes but I wasn't that impressed... Gokey with Dream On?! Dream on Gokey... Chris with a horrible rendition of Come Together. And Joplin for the girl who sounded like she was screaming the whole time. Adam was the best of the night even thought I wasn't impressed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Week: Rock   This Week: Rock Empty

Back to top Go down

This Week: Rock
Page 1 of 1