Mudpies and Fishfrys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little bit of everything

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Quote : "Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around." GK Chesterton

NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions Empty
PostSubject: NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions   NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 5:04 pm

Tonight the seeds and brackets come out. Who do you have for the Final Four and winning it all?
Back to top Go down
https://mudpies.forumotion.com
Marc

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions   NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 11:25 pm

Midwest: Wake Forest (4)
West: UCONN (1)

East: Pittsburgh (1)
South: UNC (1) [almost picked Syracuse over the Tar Heels]

Finals: UCONN vs. PITT

National Champion: PITT
Back to top Go down
Steve M

PostSubject: NCAA Picks   NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 1:26 pm

My final 4 would be

UConn, Pitt, Michigan State, and Oklahoma...I have Oklahoma beating UConn in the finals.

This could be one of the most unpredicatble tournaments of all time!
Back to top Go down
Luke Zignego

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions   NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 4:07 pm

It's anyone's tournament to win this year. The number 1 seeds are not nearly as dominant this year as they were a year ago with only one of them (overall number 1 seed Louisville) winning its conference tournament. Pitt, UConn, and North Carolina all lost in games they were expected to win. I can see any of the number 1 and number 2 seeds winning it all, and even a couple number 3s. But since half the fun is predicting the teams here's my final four

Louisville- won the Big East (best conference in college basketball) regular season title and conference tournament. A complete team with vicious defense.

UConn- They are the weakest number 1 seed, but luckily for them they somehow got placed in the bracket with the weakest competition. They are going to make it here for one reason and one reason alone. Hasheem Thabeet. He's 7'3" and has a tendency to swat every shot taken within the three point line. No team that is good enough to run with UConn in this bracket has anyone big enough to push him around. If a team like Washington is able to push around Thabeet and pull off the upset (unlikely), then Memphis will win this Region.

Pitt- DaJuan Blair. Sam Young. Levance Fields. They beat UConn twice this year. Enough said.

North Carolina- If healthy, the most experienced and talented team in the big dance this year.

Louisville over UConn

UNC over Pitt

UNC over Louisville to win it all. If Lawson gets over his toe injury, they are just too good for anyone, even athletic and defensive minded Louisville.

I know I picked all number one seeds after saying that a two seed or even a three seed could win it all, but that's just how my picks came out.

GO BADGERS!
GO GOLDEN EAGLES!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Quote : "Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around." GK Chesterton

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions   NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:13 pm

I am getting killed in this years bracket! After the first round I am 19 for 32. (19 correct picks out of 32 games)... Luckily I'm not hurt too bad. All the ones I got wrong (except for Wake Forest who I had losing the third round) weren't going past the second round anyways...
Back to top Go down
Marc

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions   NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 6:04 pm

Wake Forest ... bunch of chumps. I had them in the Final Four. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Luke Zignego

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions   NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:55 pm

how about wisconsin with the upset? i bet nobody saw that coming. But can they do it again? i don't know if they will tonight against a very good Xavier team, but who knows, this is March Madness.

i'm definitely eating my words about Connecticut being the weakest 1 seed. first they smash Chattanooga by 50 points and then dismantled LSU by 30......
Back to top Go down
Marc

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions   NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 12:59 am

THE FINALS: North Carolina vs. Michigan State.

My wife picked Michigan State to win it all before the tournet started. Not a bad pick. But I think NC is just too strong. Larry Izzo is a better coach than I thought.
Back to top Go down
Mike

Mike

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions   NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 1:40 pm

Marc wrote:
Wake Forest ... bunch of chumps. I had them in the Final Four. Evil or Very Mad

me too. bracket has been destroyed this year. good thing i wasnt in any money pools.

I agree that UNC will win it, they are playing their best basketball of the year right now.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions   NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:45 pm

Should be a really good Finals. I think both teams are playing really well right now. I'm going to go outon a limb and say that Michigan State wins by a score of 84-81.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions   NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:23 pm

Wow, not much of a game last night. I was intrigued for about 10 minutes. I was way off on my prediction of Michigan State...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions   NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

NCAA Hoops March Madness Predictions
Page 1 of 1